We're hiring a Customer Service Specialist. This position will primarily serve the e-commerce division across two of our direct-to-consumer brands.
WHO WE ARE:
For over 25 years, Redbarn Pet Products has been a leader in premium dog foods, treats, and chews. All our products are made with high-quality meats and ingredients, with many being sourced and produced in the U.S. As a family-owned company (our founders met when they were 12!) with pets of our own, the health and safety of our customer’s pets will always be our #1 concern. Although Redbarn sells to retailers around the country, this position will focus on the DTC e-commerce sales channel.
Pawstruck makes it easy (and fun!) for pet parents to give their dogs a healthy, happy life. We provide natural and single-ingredient dog products—things like bully sticks, cow hooves, and pig ears—to pets across the United States. We’re a multi-channel DTC business and sell products on our own website along with marketplaces like Amazon, Chewy, Target.com, Groupon, and more. Wherever pet parents shop online, we want to be there!
Aside from our team members at our Midwest production and fulfillment facility, we have a remote team of about 30 full-time employees and a few part-timers. We’re growing rapidly and need your help.
WHO WE NEED:
We’re looking for a highly motivated, tech-savvy, people person. This position is the first point of contact for new and current customers, which means in many ways you’ll be the voice of our business! You’ll serve as the liaison between customers and the company, providing information and resolving issues with accuracy and efficiency.
We consider everyone on our team an entrepreneur, so having a growth mindset is non-negotiable. As part of our remote e-commerce team, everything we do here revolves around computers and technology, so it’s important that you are comfortable and eager to learn new apps and customer service technology.
We have very passionate customers, which means some days they want to tell you a 45-minute story about how they rescued their pup, and some days they expect you to have the nutritional content of all our products memorized. It’s important that you look forward to talking to people about their dogs – and be able to roll with the punches when things get hairy. Our Customer Service Specialists must be able to interact with our customers in a way that reflects the voice and values of each of our brands.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Answer customer questions via phone, email, text, and live chat
- Take phone orders, replacement orders, and sample orders
- Process refunds and exchanges
- Handle returns and refunds, customer complaints, and other issues to the satisfaction of the customer
- Log all customer complaints into software and make sure escalations are handled properly
- Communicate with the fulfillment, shipping, marketing, and other departments in order to improve order accuracy and customer satisfaction
- Maintain high product knowledge in order to assist customers with inquiries and issues
- Advocate for the customer within the organization
Day-to-day tasks will vary, but you will be dealing directly with customers for most of your day. If you are interested in eCommerce, this is a great learning opportunity. Prior experience with online customer service or in the pet industry is a plus.
We will train you on anything you need to know, but familiarity with any of the following is a plus:
- Ring Central
- Amazon (Seller Central)
This is a remote role.
If you are a US resident, we are able to hire residents of the following states:
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- This is a full-time remote position, 36-40 hours per week
- Schedule will be either Tues - Sat or Sun - Thurs (your choice, but you must be available for one weekend day).
- Several shift options are available, including 6am - 3pm, 8am - 5pm, or 10am - 7pm Pacific Time.
- $10-$16 per hour depending on location and experience
- PTO, paid holidays, health insurance for you and your pup, 401k after 1 year.
Sound like a good fit for you? APPLY TODAY ››