Remote Customer Service Representative
Culture fit is really important to us, so we’ve outlined exactly who we are, who we need, and how to apply. If you think you’re a good fit, please follow the application instructions at the end.
Who We Are:
Pawstruck makes it easy (and fun!) for pet parents to give their dogs a healthy, happy life. We provide natural and single-ingredient dog products—things like bully sticks, cow hooves, and pig ears—to pets across the United States. We’re a multi-channel business and sell products on our own website along with marketplaces like Amazon, Chewy, Groupon, Target.com, and more. Wherever pet parents shop online, we want to be there!
Our corporate headquarters are in Long Beach, CA, and our production & fulfillment facility is in Kansas. We’re in our 7th year of business and have a team of about 30 full-time employees. We’re growing rapidly and need your help.
Some cool things about us:
- Ranked #7 on Los Angeles Business Journal’s List of Fastest-Growing Companies
- DotCom Magazine Impact Company of 2019
- Named one of Inc.’s 500 Fastest-Growing Companies two years in a row
- Fastest Growing Retail Company (#6 and #7)
- Fastest Growing California Company (#19 and #45)
- Named one of Entrepreneur's Best Entrepreneurial Companies two years in a row
- We have an international team! Currently, we have team members in California, Washington, Kansas, South Carolina, Hungary, and the Philippines.
- We have a company Slack channel devoted to cute dog photos from our customers.
- We’ll pay you in dog treats. And also real money.
Who We Need:
We’re looking for a highly motivated, tech-savvy, people person.
This position is the first point of contact for new and current customers, which means in many ways you’ll be the voice of our business!
We consider everyone on our team an entrepreneur, so having a growth-mindset is non-negotiable.
As an online business, everything we do here revolves around computers and technology, so it’s important that you know your way around Google Drive and are eager to learn new apps.
We have very passionate customers, which means some days they want to tell you a 45-minute story about how they rescued their pup and some days they expect you to have the nutritional content of all our products memorized. It’s important that you look forward to talking to people about their dogs and be able to roll with the punches when things get hairy.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Answering customer questions via phone and live chat
- Taking phone orders
- Engaging with customers on social media to answer their questions and help solve problems
- Tracking returns, customer complaints, and other important customer metrics.
Day-to-day tasks will vary, but you will be dealing directly with customers for most of your day. If you are interested in eCommerce, this is a great learning opportunity. Prior experience with online customer service or in the pet industry is a plus.
We will train you on anything you need to know, but familiarity with any of the following is a plus:
- Ring Central
- Amazon (Seller Central)
Location: This is a remote role. If you are a US resident, we are able to hire residents of the following states:
- South Carolina
- This is a full-time position, 36-40 hours/week
- The schedule is to be determined (we will work with you to find a time that works well for you, our customers, and our team) but will be mostly M-F between 7am - 7pm.
- $10-16/hour depending on location and experience
- PTO, health insurance for you and your pup, 401k after 1 year
We are accepting applications through January 28, 2022.