E-commerce Lead Video and Content Creator
Pawstruck is a a fast-growing pet products e-commerce company. Our sister company Redbarn is an established pet brand new to the e-commerce field. We’re looking for a Lead Video and Content Creator to drive engagement and build relationships with Pawstruck and Redbarn e-commerce customers through creative content.
If this describes your personality, you’re just the person we’re looking for:
- You’re passionate about creating content for social media, specifically TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook. You don’t just “do” social media, you live it every day in your personal and professional life.
- You and your dogs love to be on-camera.
- You are already killing it with video content. You know how to create content that’s exciting and on-trend, makes people smile, and gets them to stop scrolling and start shopping. AND you know how to do it quickly.
- You don’t just love dogs… you LOVE dogs. You love being silly and fun with your dogs while making videos about dogs. (Did we mention dogs?)
- You’d love to be part of a creative, fast-growing team where you can directly impact the company’s success.
This Culture fit is really important to us, so we’ve outlined exactly who we are, who we need, and how to apply. If you think you’re a good fit, please follow the application instructions at the end.
WHO WE ARE:
Pawstruck makes it easy (and fun!) for pet parents to give their dogs a healthy, happy life. We provide natural and single-ingredient dog products—things like bully sticks, cow hooves, and pig ears—to pets across the United States. We’re a multi-channel business and sell products on our own website along with marketplaces like Amazon, Chewy, Target.com, Groupon, and more. Wherever pet parents shop online, we want to be there!
For over 25 years, Redbarn Pet Products has been a leader in premium dog foods, treats, and chews. All our products are made with high-quality meats and ingredients, with many being sourced and produced in the U.S. As a family-owned company with pets of our own, the health and safety of our customer’s pets will always be our #1 concern.
Aside from our team members at our Midwest production and fulfillment facility, have a team of about 35 full-time employees and a few part-timers. We’re growing rapidly and need your help.
We consider everyone on our team an entrepreneur, so having a growth mindset is non-negotiable.
This is a remote role, so impeccable communication and digital organization are critical.
WHO WE NEED
The EComm Lead Content and Video Creator drives engagement and builds relationships with Pawstruck and Redbarn e-commerce customers through creative content. The person in this position has the magical combination of a passion for dogs and deep understanding of social media trends and what resonates with potential customers. You know not only how to connect with customers, you know how to spur them to action. This position is responsible for ideating and creating video and static content for social posts, stories, and reels, paid social ads, and quickly jumping on trends and posting while relevant. Additionally, this position will create video content that lives on our websites and inspires customers to purchase our natural dog products.
In addition to creating your own video content, you will guide additional creators in strategic video and content creation. This position reports to the Head of Brand and will work closely with the full marketing team, including our social media agency and Marketing Managers.
- Create a strategy for social media and marketing content that moves viewers through the customer journey; increasing brand awareness, engagement, and revenue.
- Create multiple pieces of engaging social media content that aligns with brand messaging every week, including:
- Reels/TikTok videos
- YouTube videos
- Other static and video content
- Guide a group of content creators in strategic video and content creation for social media and marketing efforts.
- Partner with our social media agency to ideate, develop, and execute on social media strategies that grow brand awareness, build community, and increase sales. This includes both organic content and paid social media ads.
- Work with the marketing teams to coordinate and execute supporting videos and static content for key brand and product moments on our website, social, and Amazon channels.
- Host live streams to support business events, such as product launches, marketing campaigns or annual deals.
- Create product videos to use on our websites and in marketing campaigns.
- Understand and analyze the needs of the brands, and create a strategy to execute those needs through video and content on social media and our websites.
- Provide monthly performance and/or campaign performance on key metrics on video content
- A passion for all things content, especially on social media, with an emphasis on video content.
- Must love dogs and be a dog owner, and have a passion for connecting with dogs and their fur-parents. Regular access to multiple dogs is required for content creation with a quick turnaround time.
- Current strong social media presence (whether your own or a company/brand) with proven record of engagement and results.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment, partnering with the marketing team to create content that results in engagement and revenue.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and meet quick deadlines.
- Comfortable being on-camera, communicating our products to customers in a friendly manner.
- 3+ years video creation experience, including idea generation, creation, editing, and graphics.
- Deep knowledge of social media trends, algorithms, in-app features, and technologies with an emphasis on video.
- Strong understanding of the changing SEO trends in video content and how that applies to brand growth and revenue.
- Experience with Adobe creative suite applications.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Base salary of $50,000 - $70,000 per year DOE.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans - plus pet health insurance
- FSA and 401k plans
- Paid sick and vacation time