Our Carbon Pawprint
We feel socially responsible for the environment and have taken steps to lessen our carbon pawprint. Since our inception, we have implemented various policies and processes throughout our business to help reduce waste and to minimize our energy usage. As our company grows, we pledge to continue to improve in our efforts to go green!
- We ship our pet products using eco-friendly packaging that meets Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) or Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) certification standards when possible.
- We ship using the minimum amount of packaging to reduce waste.
- We purchase shipping and office supplies in bulk to cut down on the packaging and shipping needed by our suppliers.
- We print and photocopy on both sides whenever possible.
- Our warehouse and offices have been outfitted with compact-fluorescent and LED lights with occupancy sensors to reduce overall energy usage. When sunny, we minimize use of lighting appliances by utilizing sunlight through windows and skylights.
- We purchase Energy Star qualified electronic products whenever possible.
- We use reusable dishes, silverware and glasses in place of disposable goods.
- We use power strips throughout or facility and turn off all technology whenever usage isn't needed.
- We subscribe to cloud storage solutions to reduce paper records.
- We encourage email in place of faxes, mailings or printouts.
- We use biodegradable cleaners when applicable to reduce chemical runoff.
- We purchase recycled, refurbished or used office and warehouse equipment when available.
- We purchase remanufactured ink and toner cartridges.
- We purchase Post-Consumer Recycled Content (PCR) paper.
- We collect scrap paper to reuse in order to cut paper consumption.
- We recycle ink cartridges, toner cartridges, and all other electronic waste using responsible e-waste recycling practices.
- We collect and separate any plastic bottles, cans, or glass collected on site and recycle accordingly.
- We donate damaged but useable products to local shelters or non-profits.
- We donate old furniture, equipment or machinery to local charities if in usable condition.