Marketing Coordinator, Social Media and Community
If this describes your personality, you just may be the person we’re looking for:
- You’re passionate about social media, specifically Instagram and Facebook. You don’t just “do” social media, you live it every day in your personal and professional life.
- You’re borderline obsessive about data. You love to learn from what works and doesn’t, continually improving your social game to engage users and grow revenue.
- You’re a dog owner or an enthusiastic dog lover. The idea of applying your social media marketing skills and experience to photos of cute dogs gets your tail wagging.
- You’d love to be part of a creative, fast-growing team where you can directly impact the company’s success.
Culture fit is really important to us, so we’ve outlined exactly who we are, who we need, and how to apply. If you think you’re a good fit, please follow the application instructions at the end.
Who We Are:
Pawstruck provides natural and single-ingredient dog products—things like bully sticks, cow hooves, and pig ears—to pets across the United States. We’re a multi-channel business and sell products on our own website along with marketplaces like Amazon, Chewy, Groupon, Target.com, Walmart.com, and more. Wherever pet parents shop online, we want to be there!
Our corporate headquarters are in Long Beach, CA, and our production & fulfillment facility is in the Midwest. We’re in our 7th year of business and have a team of about 30 full-time employees. We’re growing rapidly and need your help.
Some cool things about us:
- Ranked #7 on Los Angeles Business Journal’s List of Fastest-Growing Companies
- DotCom Magazine Impact Company of 2019
- Named one of Inc.’s 500 Fastest-Growing Companies two years in a row
- Named one of Entrepreneur's Best Entrepreneurial Companies two years in a row
- We have a fully remote international team! Currently, we have team members in California, Hungary, and the Philippines - plus our (not remote) warehouse team in Kansas.
- We have a company Slack channel devoted to cute dog photos from our customers.
- We’ll pay you in dog treats. And also real money.
Who We Need:
We need a social media rockstar to drive Pawstruck’s social media, influencer, and affiliate marketing efforts. We’re looking for a passionate marketing associate to execute our organic strategy across all social platforms; driving performance, engagement, and follower growth. In this position, you’ll own the social media content calendar and will build an engaged community of Pawstruck customers, influencers, partners, and fans. Additionally, this role will assist our Marketing Manager with operational activities that support our overall marketing strategy.
We’re looking for that perfect mix of marketing creativity combined with a detailed-oriented approach to project management. You’ll be responsible for the daily execution of our social strategy, from concept to design to execution, as well as analyzing performance. Although the emphasis of this role is on social media and community management, we need someone with a firm grasp on our marketing efforts as a whole, to assist the Marketing Manager in all marketing efforts.
This position reports to the Marketing Manager.
- Drive growth, engagement, and community across our current social channel set (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest) and assess new channel additions
- Manage day-to-day execution of all social content, including content creation, copywriting, testing, and reporting of results.
- Work closely with the paid social team to concept campaigns, capture content, and create cohesion among paid and organic efforts on all of our social platforms.
- Build relationships with our community and audience by actively monitoring our channels and answering questions and concerns, engaging with comments, reaching out to users and brands, and celebrating our brand followers and advocates through our UGC program.
- Develop and manage influencer and affiliate relationships to create a community of like-minded partners to help increase Pawstruck’s brand awareness and loyalty.
- Analyze metrics and provide weekly and monthly reports that demonstrate growth and engagement across social and provide learnings and recommendations for improvements.
- Support Marketing Manager in day-to-day marketing activities including but not limited to email marketing, SMS, copywriting, content creation, and more.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or similar field - or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of B2C social media experience in a professional environment
- 1+ years of influencer and/or affiliate marketing experience
- Extensive knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other relevant social media networks.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, or other content creation software
We consider everyone on our team an entrepreneur, so having a growth-mindset is non-negotiable.
We utilize the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS); if you’re familiar with EOS, that would be excellent. If not, we’ll get you onboarded and drinking the kool-aid quickly.
Here’s a peek at our tech stack:
- Google Drive / G Suite
Our perfect fit will be familiar with all of the above and/or have experience working with comparable software.
Location: This is a fully remote role. You may be required to travel to Long Beach, California occasionally after Covid to participate in strategic planning & team activities.
Learn more about Pawstruck: https://pawstruck.com/slides.