Every dog is different
“Chew personalities” vary from dog to dog. From the tiniest toy Terrier to the biggest St. Bernard, all dogs love to chew! Knowing your dog’s chewing style will help you choose the appropriate size treats and chews for them. This can help prevent digestive issues and choking hazards, and give your pet the best experience with their Pawstruck chews and treats.
Size matters. Sort of...
Not every large dog is an aggressive chewer – dogs of any size can be a power chewer. (Chihuahuas may be tiny but they can chew up a storm!) However, it’s important to make sure you’re giving your dog the appropriate length chew. Here are some general guidelines for all dogs:
- Chews should be bigger than your dog’s snout
- Hard chews should be slightly wider than your dog’s mouth.
- Supervise your dog when feeding them treats or chews, especially the first time you give them something new
- Remove any large swallowable pieces to prevent blockages in the digestive system.
- Provide plenty of drinking water to help with digestion